Monday 3 December 2007

overflow 1

I started the year watning to produce my own self inintiated work focussed on the "evil" of brands and advertising and to some extent be anit-consumerist. however in the same turn i did not want to produce anything which was hipocritical from my own beliefs, perspective and actual actions. so being anit-consumerist all the way would be wrong becuase i by things becaues of which brand ti is or isn't and stuff like that.

however once i sat down to do work i ended up doing a lot of briefs and found that the best way to get out my ideas and things was through the briefs erather than my personal work which took a back seat but also developeed and gained new sectiosn via off shoots from briefs (like the lastmintue.com/digital font). working in this way to produce a personal style rather than some overblown ideological anti-consumerist ranting.

No comments: